Mention WordPress and a lot of people say, “you mean the blogging software?” Well, that is how WordPress got its start, but now you can use this amazing (and amazingly free) tool to build complete websites. Better still, you get the kind of content management tools for easily adding to and updating your site like the big boys have.
What’s even more remarkable is that you really don’t need to be a tech-head to make this work. So, here’s what you’ll learn after just one day at the WordPress in a Day workshop:
Includes FREE Premium WordPress Theme
- WordPress.org vs. WordPress.com—which should you use?
- Using WordPress for blogging, as a standalone site, or both
- Setting up a multi-page WordPress site
- How to install a free or low-cost professionally designed theme
- Using plugins and widgets to easily add extra features to your site
- Changing images and text, adding and deleting pages
- How WordPress and a few tips about SEO can make your site perform better in Google searches
- Enough about Cascading Style Sheets to be dangerous (and allow you to modify pre-existing templates)
- Elements of an effective and useful site
- Using WordPress help and forums to get your questions answered
This training applies equally to both Mac and PC users.
Who should take this class?
This workshop is for people—whether you’re an accomplished designer or not—who would like to get their own (or a client’s) website up and running easily—and then keep it updated with equal ease. Please note that this is an entry level workshop and is not intended for those who intend to do complex, enterprise level sites.